How A. Horn, Inc. helps make
your jobs safer.
There is no aspect more important in our work than the safety of our employees. Our goal is to provide a safe and accident free work place. We believe that safe employees are more productive, producing higher quality work than those employees in a dangerous work place. Just some of the safety processes and training we have in place include:
A comprehensive written safety program including:
- Written job specific safety plans, including job site hazard analysis.
- Hazard communication training including MSDS review.
- Job site foreman access to entire safety program.
Safety processes including:
- Daily: Inspect working area, materials, tools and equipment prior to begining work.
- Weekly: Perform documented job site tool box safety talks with crew.
- Monthly: Documented job site safety inspections completed by outside safety consultant firm.
- Quarterly: Safety committee meeting to review workplace safety over the past three months and improvement suggestions.
- Annually: Review entire company safety program with consultants to make enhancements.
Safety training including:
- 100% of our field employees have completed the OSHA 30 hour construction safety course.
- 100% of our masons are compliant with the Chicago scaffold user requirements.
- 100% of our laborers are compliant with the Chicago scaffold erector requirements.
- 100% of our machine drivers are a certified to safely operate their fork trucks.
- We have employees trained in respiratory protection, first aid, CPR, confined space hazards, and flagger training.
Our efforts have resulted in numerous safety awards from The Assocation of Subcontractors and Affiliates. We have had ZERO employee fatalities in the 42 year history of our company. We have had ZERO willful OSHA citations in the 42 year history of our company.